11.27.2010

A Christmas Carol



Why don't more people read A Christmas Carol? It's a fraction the size of any of Dickens' other novels, but just as wonderful! I'm constantly asking people if they've read the story and I almost always get the same answer: "No, I'm familiar with the story though. I've seen the movies."


Let me just take a moment to clear the tears of sorrow from my eyes...


How could anyone possibly think that a film, any film, can do justice to Charles Dickens?! I can't stand how our society thinks that watching a film is an acceptable alternative to reading the novels themselves! At any rate, I encourage everyone to read this novella and see the original beauty of the story.


"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach." -Ebenezer Scrooge

No comments:

Post a Comment