1.24.2014

When the post goes wrong

I love mail. Love it. But when it goes wrong, there's almost nothing more irritating. I'm talking about the recent trend I've experienced of non-delivered mail. Seriously, what is going on USPS?! I pay your exorbitant rates and practically keep you in business with the hundreds of letters I've sent... So why won't you deliver my mail?

Recently this has happened:
1 letter to my wonderful pen pal in Hungary - never delivered
1 letter from my wonderful pen pal in Hungary - never delivered to my PO box
1 letter from Hungary - never delivered to my PO box
1 letter from Canada - never delivered to my PO box
1 letter from California - never delivered to my PO box

It's also possible that 2 letters to my pen pal in Canada were never delivered...

I know of a few other people who have experienced mail loss recently. Honestly, it's not about the loss of money, the contact and friendships are worth more than money to me... But it's the fact that when a person cares enough to send a letter, a piece of their heart is shared - it's a serious thing for this many letters to be missing. If this is happening to you, I encourage you to do what I've done and alert the United States Postal Inspection Service unless we begin keeping them accountable, I think the USPS will continue their careless antics.


3 comments:

  1. Ah, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it. I'll keep that in mind if it happens to me. I'm glad you reported it. I wonder why it's getting so bad? Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's so strange and I got pretty discouraged by that! But happily, the siren call of letter writing drew me back in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when it goes wrong as well! Truly horrible! :(

    ReplyDelete