4.12.2011

The Bryan Stow Fund



If you know me at all, you know I love the Dodgers with a passion. I was brought up listening to Vin Scully, Tommy Lasorda was one of my childhood heroes, and dad told me stories about the great Sandy Koufax, Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese and countless others... All my life I've adored my team, which makes the recent tragedy hit home so much harder.


What can you say when some gutless thugs mercilessly beat a man simply for liking the other team? Yes, there's a heated rivalry between the Dodgers and the Giants; but in the end, it comes down to basic human decency and respect. Please, let's not continue this vicious cycle. I've been hit and had things thrown at me for visiting Angels stadium while wearing Dodgers gear, violence is not unique to one team's fans... But if you're a true lover of the great game of baseball, please respect others.


If you can, donate some money to the Bryan Stow Fund. You can go directly from a PayPal account by clicking on the Send Money option then going to Personal: Gift and sending the donation to stowdonations@gmail.com.



"There's no room in the game for hatred and violence. This is America's national pastime, let's keep it that way." -Jamey Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment