8.01.2009

The Farfalla Project


The Farfalla Project. What is it? It’s my calling, my passion, and my desire to serve the Lord and to serve others. I volunteered at the Orange County Rescue Mission with my church and have found great needs there. It’s a wonderful facility and I have been so blessed to work there with the children… But something I noticed: there’s a lack of blankets for the little ones. Maybe it sounds like no big deal, and to most people it’s not. But think of it this way, in a turbulent time of their lives, how comforting it would be to have something to call their own, even if that something is just a blanket. So I trust God to provide me with the funds to buy materials, and then I make the blankets with the gifts He’s given me, my beautiful sewing machine and the skill required to make these prayerfully and with love.

Farfalla is Italian for “butterfly”. I have a fascination with butterflies, maybe because I can relate to them so well. I have recently been transformed after conforming for far too long. I desire to share God’s power to transform and change anyone, there is nothing more liberating than to realize that who you are doesn’t have to be who you ARE. At any point in our lives, we can ask the Lord to change us, to fix us and make us better and if we’re willing to do what He says, He can take us anywhere and we can do anything. We are each destined to be better, to do more and to answer His call. I yearn to be better, to do more than I ever dreamed possible and I WILL answer His call. This butterfly is going to spread her wings and rely on God to continue to lead her.

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment